Thursday, November 8, 2007

Kellie Pickler at CMA Awards


Kellie Pickler at CMA I Wonder


"You weren't there to braid my hair, like the others do," Pickler sings in "I Wonder." "You weren't around to cheer me on, help me dress for my high school prom, like mothers do."
In the words to her hit song Kellie Pickler lets loose all the sadness of her Mother leaving her when she was two. At the CMA awards Kellie broke down.
Of course her Mother has a different story, she says she left because her husband was abusive.
Kellie is not ready to welcome her Mother back into her life, who can blame her?
Kellie's mom, Cynthia Malone, says that she was forced to leave her child because of an abusive relationship with her then-husband, reports People magazine. "I knew God had to have a purpose for [Kellie] because there was too many times I would have miscarried because of all the hitting and beating on my stomach," Malone told the Charlotte Observer in July.
This is not Kellie’s first time dealing with parental problems. During her stint on “Idol,” her father, Clyde Raymond Pickler, was serving time in jail. After being released, he encountered more problems after reportedly being arrested for allegedly assaulting a woman with a steak knife.
It is a wonderful story for Kellie success despite the odds being against her.








No comments: