Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Marie Osmond Can she be any more whiny?

Marie Osmond has-been in the entertainment business since she was a child, she has smiled and flashed her pearly whites across many stages and venues around the world.
I can honestly say I have never been a fan of the Osmonds ,Marie, The Marie and Donny show, their sweetness is just not my cup of tea or my preference in music.
BUT I was impressed by her first few appearances on Dancing With The Stars. After all she is 45 +. The fact she felt confident enough to compete against younger people on a dancing show gave me some respect for her. She gave a couple of decent performances because she is a veteran entertainer.
BUT as the competition increased it became harder for her. She struggled to give
better performances. Marie just was not able to do it. Then she started to whine. One of her excuses for not being able to do something was she had too many babies. Yes, she does have eight children, but she only gave birth to three of them. While adopting five children is an admirable thing to do, it has no effect on her body.
Even the much publicized fall was brought on by her hyperventilating which she could have controlled She admitted she holds her breath in certain circumstances, so she should have been more careful. I feel the fall was used to gain her more votes and it seemed to work.She stayed on the show another week.
Now the latest is age discrimination. Oh Get over it,Marie. What excuse will you use next?
Marie Osmond said :
“I think they’re trying to get the older chicks off the show, and I say shame on them,” Marie said to OK! after she and fellow over-50 contestant Jane Seymour earned the lowest scores of the night on Monday night. “I mean, come on — compare us to a 20-year-old! We’re doing good! That’s why you appreciate the viewers and their voting.”



Paper Roses Marie Osmond 1973




Marie Osmond Solo Read My Lips 1986



Donny and Marie Osmond 2006 Interview

No comments: