Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Robert Goulet loses his Fight

Robert Goulet passed away,he will be missed. Robert Goulet had an amazing voice and an amazing career. One of his fans was Frank Sinatra.
"Robert Goulet was a monumental presence on the stage and had one of the great voices of all time, which often overshadowed his many other talents," pianist Roger Williams said in a statement yesterday. "He really could do it all - act, dance, and was as funny as hell, especially when he was making fun of himself. Robert always took his craft seriously but never took himself seriously. Oh, how we will miss this great guy."
With his dark hair and blue eyes, Mr. Goulet was the personification of a Kennedy-era leading man. Judy Garland called him a living 8-by-10 glossy, and Truman Capote called him the "poinsettia of botany."
Beside his matinee-idol looks was that distinctive singing voice, which Mr. Goulet's father considered a gift from God.

Upon hearing Mr. Goulet sing "If Ever I Would Leave You" during the first day of rehearsals for "Camelot," Richard Burton called it "the voice of an angel."

I remember Robert Goulet singing in our living room when I was young. My Mother was a big fan of his and even though I was in to much different music, I could recognize talent and actually liked some of his music. One of my favorites was If Ever I Would Leave you. As a teenager I thought it romantic and beautiful.
Rest in Peace Mr Bob Goulet. The world will miss you.






Rest In Peace Robert Goulet

No comments: